CADDY is great for keeping your tools handy, either at home or on-the-go.
When open, your supplies are instantly visible and accessible—no need to unpack things to access them. The solid wood (or foam core board) base allows the Caddy to be picked up while open and moved about.
When closed, the Caddy is compact, and the optional side flaps and top flap keep your supplies secure. Optional handles provide style and allow the Caddy to hang from a peg if desired.
The inspiration for this tool organizer came about because of lost supplies at a class—this organizer easily keeps your small supplies all together.
Not just for sewing tools—use for scrapbooking, knitting, crocheting, stationery, etc.
BONUS: Mini Tool Holders. To further protect and organize your tools, pattern includes instructions for making a small Scissor Case, Pointy Tool Holder, and Pin Cone–these mini tool holders can be used with the Caddy or on their own.
PDF Download includes 30 pages of instructions, color photos, and illustrations. Download on a PC or Laptop (may not download on some mobile devices). NOTE: Dimensions are given in inches only (no metric). Some pieces are rotary cut, some pieces are cut from given full-size templates.
SKILL LEVEL: Advanced (or Intermediate ready for a challenge)
- Rotary cutting squares and rectangles using given dimensions (cutting layouts provided)
- Previous experience with fusing fleece and interfacing helpful
- Hand sewing an opening shut—comfortable with using a hand needle
- Familiar with how a zipper foot works
- Sewing accurate seams
- A couple of the steps may stretch your comfort zone, but it is worth it, and we’re only an email away(email@example.com) from helping you if you want help!
- Fabric Components: 1 yard Main fabric,Assorted Fat Quarters for Pockets and Flaps, Fleece, Interfacing
- Notions: Wood or Foam Core Board, Cording, Hook and Loop Tape
- Detailed supply list in pattern
Caddy gallery images courtesy of Sharon Noble, Marlene McInturff, Joanne Schmit, Joanne Virginia, and Sara Gray